Parent Involvement Program
It Really Makes A Difference......
The program goals are:
• To promote home/school/community involvement in student
• To provide assistance to parents about how to better assist
their child with homework and reinforce skills that are taught at
• To build an active partnership between parents, teachers,
• To provide opportunities for parents to be involved
in their child's education.
The Mission Statement of the Parent Involvement Program is to:
• Focus on personal contact.
• Address family needs.
• Strengthen family involvement.
• Team to support each child.
Decatur City School's Parent Involvement Program is committed to
establishing a meaningful and strong Parent-School Partnership.
Each local school will devise a comprehensive plan which includes
activities designed to facilitate parental involvement in their
child's academic success. Activities will focus on parent involvement
of students grades K-5 including the following components.
We are bridging the gap between home, school and the community through:
Parent Involvement Policy
Parent Advisory Councils
The Parenting Place Sites
Alabama Statewide Parenting Day
Resources For Parents & Students
Children Learn What They Live
"The Parent's Pledge"